When moving into a new home, it’s natural to want to start out with a totally clean slate and do a thorough scrubbing of your new place. But don’t worry, getting your new place ready to live in does not have to be a time consuming process. If you take take this list one step at a time, you can have a clean new home in no time!
Start in the kitchen, as this is one of the places that gets the most use.
- Dust the top of cabinets, first. Then, clean off the shelves and drawers. Wipe down the fronts. Wipe all the drawer knobs and pulls with disinfecting wipes.
- Clean out the oven and wipe down the stove top.
- Wipe down the front of the fridge and the inside shelves and drawers.
- Give the sink a quick scrub and wipe down all the countertops.
- Sweep and mop the kitchen floor.
- Dust the vents, bathroom fans and light fixtures.
- Wipe out the medicine cabinet and any cabinets under the sink. Give the mirror and cabinet fronts a quick cleaning as well.
- Scrub the sink and bathtub/shower.
- Wipe down the countertops.
- Scrub the toilet.
- Sweep and mop the bathroom floor.
- Dust any ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Check all the corners of the rooms for spiderwebs and remove as necessary.
- Wash window blinds or window coverings.
- Wipe down window and door moldings as well as the doors themselves.
- Disinfect all door handles and stair banisters.
- Sweep/mop or vacuum all floors.
While this may seem like a good deal of work, it actually should only take a couple of hours and one person can easily manage this checklist. The payoff of starting your new life out in a clean home will be worth it!
Let Burris Transfer handle all your moving needs. Contact us for a free quote, today.